Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ugh!

Life's a drag sometimes!

So my days off this week were Wednesday and Thursday. Carrie got news that her grand baby's momma was going to go in for inducement on Wednesday, so of course I volunteered to come in that day so she could be at the hospital....

Work was slow, and I really wasn't needed. We all knew the baby wouldn't come until Thursday because of what we were being told about how "ready" she was...or wasn't. So when I left work on Wednesday I was told that I wouldn't be needed on Thursday - so I'm super pumped about having the day off - got my shopping list ready, got my other errands ready, got my homework all laid out...and then I get the call asking me to come in from 11-3.

I'm not complaining about being called in really...because I don't mind helping out. I just wish I would have been asked, or at least told to assume I was going to be needed today as well. I'm falling behind with my homework and cleaning and grrr.... I asked "are you sure you don't want me to come in tomorrow?" and I was told not to worry about and enjoy my day off....

Guess I'm just ranting a bit because I was really looking forward to getting everything done today...maybe I'll take my homework with me...again... I tried yesterday, but I just can't do homework at work - my work ethic morals just feel wrong when I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment