Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Interesting Math Class

All day yesterday at work I felt soooo tired. I needed to come home and take a nap before my class, but I decided to stop and get lo-lites in my hair and then ran out of time for a nap. I was so tired. Then I got to class, and he was handing out our "lesson plans" to people who weren't there before to get hem back. Then .... they had a million questions about the grade they got.

....So now it has been thirty minutes into class, and they are still discussing the assignment, and what they didn't understand about it. ***I got 40/40, so I couldn't understand what they didn't understand*** So a girl in the back is like, "I have a suggestion, maybe to help your students next semester you can give them a template for what you want done." So they go back and forth, and they are straight up arguing. Then he says, "Well could you not be understanding the assignment because you have missed four days of class? We discussed this assignment every class for the first five weeks."

Then.... she goes off, "excuse me I don't think it's very professional for you to be calling me out in front of the entire class.." she goes on and on and on.

He says, "I didn't call you out, you put yourself into this when you criticized my teaching methods in front of the entire class."

They go back and forth some more. Then he slams his book closed, and asks, "So does everyone just want me to leave now, because I don't need this job. I'm here because the original instructor quit last minute - I'm here for your benefit and if you don't want me here we can just cancel the section and you can wait another semester to get the credits you need to graduate. Is that what everyone wants?"

So yeah - it was pretty exciting and then he did something he never does - he let us out 45 minutes early!

No comments:

Post a Comment