Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Ready for Recovery

Ok, I am having such a DIFFICULT time getting back to healthy. I know some of you may not want to know - but my breast have been engorged (now only 1 is all the time), my stomach is in like this weird almost-kinda of, sort of - numb feeling state --- except is just the fainest tiny bit painful to the touch at the same time (does the make sense?) - My body aches if I don't stay on top of the Motrin (perhaps the narcotics would have been helpful!) Sometimes I still can't stand up without pain near my incision, and I have to take a few steps before I can stand up right (it comes and goes) - NOW - I'm pretty sure I have Mastitis, and need to call the doctor. ANnnnD then this morning (my first day alone without Chris) - I rip my incision open at the end and it begins to bleed.

Everything with Katelyn is wonderful! She is not too much of a handful at the moment. Waking up every 3 hours like clock work for feeding, starting to smile (and not because of gas), and loves to chat with you. In fact, it's adorable because when I ask her if she wants mommy to read a story to her she'll smile most of the time. Chris usually plays with her and I go to sleep around 8:30, then I'm all rested up for that 11:30 feeding. Chris changes her for the 2:30 feeding and wakes me up once he gets her good and awake for a quick nursing session.

I'm exhausted, but hanging in there. Mom is ready to come help me this week if I don't get back up to speed and need some help. So, as you can tell - the recovery is not going as smoothly as I thought that it would. Everyone said 6-8 Weeks, but you know me...I can't just sit still and let myself heal. Here's to another week and hopefully - no more bumps in the recovery road. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment