Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

It's no secret...I've always been fascinated with it.



The Titanic has always been a major subject of intrigue to a lot of people, and you know I'm one of them. I don't seek out new information, but when I come across something- I'll stop and read/watch it. Anyway,  I'm weaning myself from cable and on Netflix came across an interesting piece from the Smithsonian Channel...Titanic’s Final Mystery.   (Fair Warning: It starts kind of slow, or maybe it just seemed that way because I was expecting something else.) It discusses how the weather played a role in the demise of the "unsinkable" ship, and poses a very unique perspective of mirage's and trickery. You can actually watch it here: http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sc/web/show/141474/titanics-final-mystery. The historian, Tim Maltin, also has a book: TITANIC: A Very Deceiving Night, that I'm interested in getting my hands on (but it appears to only be available as an ebook, and I don't read that way...haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment