Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

February Work for Miss K

Since I got the house cleaned Monday night, I decided to spend Tuesday morning getting the valentine's day work ready for Miss K. We're still waiting on our shipment from Oriental Trading to arrive, but here is what I managed to piece together so far...

K has really been enjoying writing lately, (finally!) She's pretty much mastered this worksheet, but too much practice is not a bad thing.

She's showing improvement with the scissors, but still has a long way to go. I was thinking about taking the scissors work away for awhile since she tends to get frustrated with it and only cuts one or two pieces before putting it away, BUT she does choose it - so that is why I'm leaving it on her shelf.

Found this super cute project here. I'll even let her do what she can as far as stapling it together.

I created this worksheet this morning because I had the stickers hanging around, and she loves stickers!

I also put this together for her this morning. If I was thinking, I would have put her name at the top of the other one, too, but such is life. I was going to make a pattern for her to follow, but then I thought I'd try to see if she can make her own. If she's not ready yet, no biggie, I'll have her stamp them and then count them, and practice writing the number below.

My girlie loves crafts. I really found this on oriental trading, but I was already buying a lot of things I can't make easily, and this is one thing I could make. She'll put the tree together and fill it with thumb print hearts.

I found these cute animal track cards here. I know they are pretty random here, but last time we were in the Smokies, we found some prints and she was interested in where they came from. I wanted to do some work on hibernation, but haven't pulled it together. I thought I'd start with them in a little book format and have her trace and spell the names for a bit. After that, she'll work with the cards and then I'll remove the control (name) and she if she can match them up.


She also has a tray of Minnie Mouse lacing cards, which will be replaced with a V-Day bead lacing craft once the O.T. is delivered.

We are doing a lot of alphabet work still. One of her favorites is playing "Don't Break the Ice" with the alphabet. We take turns rolling the dice to see which letter we have to try to knock out. She's not a big fan of this alphabet puzzle I got for her, but this morning I've taken all the pieces out and marked where each letter goes. Since the shape is visible on the board, we're going to try adding the dice and putting the letters in that way to see if it makes it any more appealing to her.

Penguins are still her thing, right now, so I left the penguin math for her. Basically we're working on numbers 11-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment