Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Monday, December 31, 2007

They've Come, They've gone...tomorrow!

This year's holiday season has been twice as busy as every other. Christmas eve I had to work but had the weekend off before that. So we jumped on the train and spent the weekend with Brent, Amanda and Makenna. We sat around and chatted, played on the computers and had some awesome Chinese food! (Chris loves the sushi bar there) Sunday, we ate at Jocko's Pizza Inn with them and they dropped off us off at my parents house and that night my mom and I drove to Michigan city so I could work Christmas Eve...Chris stayed with my dad and watched some western movie and drank some beers.

My Grandma told me about a family at her church that could use a special visit from Santa. I called Chris and he was all about it. Mom and I went shopping in the wee-hours! We thought this was okay since I only had a three hour shift the next day starting at 10:15 not 7:45. We found a spider man bike for the 6year old and a ROCK IT blue bike for the 9 year old. I also got them matching sunglasses to be stylin' with some bling-bling while they ride. Then we went to big lots- and got them a massive amount of smaller toys to go with. Then I had to get the mom something---back to Wal-mart for a sweater, earrings and bath robe. Of course we knew nothing about these boys so what they wanted, needed and already have was a total shot in the dark. Grandma called a few days later and said that the boys needed new bikes and it was perfect. The mom told her that it would have been great if we could have seen the look on their faces.

Santa came again to my parents house! That magical genius! I got perfumes, lotions, clothes, candy, books and more. Chris got super cross tickets (sixth row), jeans, a manning jacket, a Starbucks gifts card, colts crocs and a colts check book cover. Mom got the work out machine she has been wanting for almost a year now.

For new years we celebrated the west Christmas at Brent and Amanda's. Thom, Heidi and Matthew couldn't make it. Thom is on deployment, Matthew has been ill and Heidi is taking care of him. We missed them- but they sent great gifts! We'll be sending ours to them when it is closer to time for Thom to be home. At B&A's house we sat around and chatted, went out to get some Mexican food, enjoyed a wonderfully delicious meal prepared by Amanda which I have to admit- it was so good I was a little jealous- I bow down to the queen of pot roast and gravy. Darrell had to leave for work after dinner so we quickly opened gifts. We got a lot of great things including shirts, cocoa sets, HARRY AND DAVID candies, a lazy susan remote control bird house rack, a cooling pad for the lap top and more. After gifts we hung out some more. Then we watched the colts game and I went to bed. Chris retired for the night once manning came out of the game.

Today we went to Peep's for brunch and are planning on going to watch National Treasure: Book of Secrets after dinner. I think we all have been wanting to go see that one because we all jumped at the suggestion. We have had so many laptops going this weekend Chris told Brent that he does not want to see his power bill! Now we are watching myth busters and I'm going to clean out my email box!

HAPPY NEW YEARS Y'all!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment