Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Finger Paintin' Pumpkin

 
I know this post is way late with Thanksgiving just a week away, but I really wanted to share the pictures. I put them on FB, and forgot to post them here. I found some homemade Finger Paint recipes to try, and I must say that they turned out really cool, and Katelyn had a blast with them.
They are not exactly "edible" as in LUNCH, but there is nothing harmful in them for when they do eat it.

What You Need:
1/2 cup Corn Starch (or Flour)
3 TBS Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Cups Water
Food Coloring
Containers

 
For this simple fun time, just combine all but the food coloring into a saucepan. Stir with a wisk and Heat until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, let cool, spoon into containers. Add food coloring, and enjoy. I used empty baby food jars, and this amount filled four of them perfectly.

 
I was surprised that the coloring actually did not stain our skin that much. Blue was the first color that I made, and not thinking I put like 5 drops in it...it was very bright!
 
 
Here are some links to other sites for Finger Paints.

Victoria got to carve her first pumpkin! It was awesome on the front porch.


No comments:

Post a Comment