Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Puppy Love.

It started as a simple idea, but then I couldn't find any Dalmation spotted fabric...So, we had to hand stitch every single spot on to the costume (and it took forever!). I want to be sure to thank the special people for helping me. Victoria cut all the panels out. Ashley helped stitch some of the spots on, my mom stayed up all night stitching spots on, and Chris watched Katelyn when we got home the next night so I could stay up all night stitching on spots and sewing it together. I'm super happy with the costume- even though I was a dim-wit, and closed my casing for the elastic on the hat. (Never to find the time to fix my error, but we didn't stay out in the cold long, so it was ok.)
 





 
We hit up the neighbors to show off her costume, and to see thier grandchildren's costumes, and then set up camp to hand out candy. Chris had the fire pit nice and toasty in the driveway for us when we returned from showing Victoria how we Trick-or-Treat in the United States. Next year Chris wants to have an Apple Cider Bar set up.


I used Simplicity Pattern 1797 as a guide. A little tweak here-and-there never hurt no one. ;)

1 comment: