Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

School book Rental!

Who knew!?! So Amanda mentioned she rented her text books, so I went "hmmm..." and while the college does not offer textbook rental like hers does, I found a pretty decent site that does. Chegg. I could buy the book and lab manual at the bookstore for $210 - both very used...OR...I could rent them BOTH - from Chegg for the quarter for $111.00. Now I'm no rocket scientist here, but...I'm thinking I am not going to be able to sell them books back for anywhere close to $99 to make up the difference. So, I rented them and they are on their way.

Also, I ended up not selling the previous semesters books back at the bookstore (I kinda knew I wouldn't be) because I sold them back the online site Textbooks 'R' Us like I have every other semester. The college was going to give me $102 for all of them, this site bought them for $188. (yeah, that might be why I don't buy anything from them! lol) Actually it was slightly more, but they do take out a few bucks for shipping. But I like that they deposit directly into my pay pal account the day after they receive them. Sweeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment