Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Run-A-Round





Only ONE month and TWO weeks until the official due date for the little one bumbling around inside my tummy. I'm getting so stinking excited and scared all at the same time, but can hardly wait for her arrival. Momma West is arriving tonight to start decorating the nursery.....little does she know exactly how much work there is to do in that room before her fun can begin. (Perhaps I can Chris in there when he gets home from work before she gets here?)

Her closet of clothes is growing, and the diaper stash is coming along quite nicely in the range of size smalls! I need to pick up the ball on the Newborn sizes, but they seem to be in high demand for purchasing AND a bit pricey. I have sewn three of them, but need to order more fabric...plus I'm not sure how well I actually made them and if they will be useful in containing messes at all! They look good, but it's a lot of work to put them things together. our plan is to use a mix of cloth and disposable diapers. I'm sure cloth diapering will only end up being nothing more than "good intentions", but I at least want to give it a hearty try. (hence, the reason for not wanting to spend hundreds of dollars to start a cloth diaper stash.)

I picked up a stroller to keep in the back of Christopher's car at a yard sale for $10, and little pink princess rocking horse at another for $3. Casi and Shane loaned us their crib they used for the boys, and she gave us a cute tiny baby weight scale! Mom also sent us home with my old playpen...it needs cleaned up a bit...I think that is all we really got at the moment though. There is a nice  garage sale page for the county on FB, so I should be able to find any other items fairly quickly if needed. There are several baby swings, pack-n-plays, changing tables, high chairs....everything....on the site now. I'm not anticipating too many larger items from the shower,  but I am still going to wait to try to collect some of these things till after the shower, so I can make the least amount of trips out as possible. =)

Had the Ultrasound yesterday to check the baby's size - We'll get the full report tomorrow at the scheduled DR. appointment, so updates to come - but according to the technician (who told us A LOT more than the last one did - in fact the last one scared me because she just kept saying, "I don't know, I'm not a doctor." yeah, I know, I know...still sucks though.) Anyway, According to the technician the baby is measuring at 32 weeks and 4 days and we are 33 Weeks and 4 days today! So, hopefully one week difference is not too big of an issue for the doc, we shall see.

Off to the grocery for dinner yummies! Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. How did I not know you updated this? You look SO cute!!! And it may sound weird, but Ebay is awesome for "lots" of baby clothes! I did it with Leighton. Look at the history and star ratings of the users first. I got some super adorable stuff off there and for CHEAP!

    ReplyDelete