Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

"NO, I mean your real name?"

We made new pink play dough this week for one of our tray activities, and Katelyn had a ball! She loved adding the eyeballs (I know, it's a little early still for Vday, but I just couldn't wait any longer...today's dough tray has a mixture of snowflake AND hearts confetti! She's going to be thrilled!)
 
 
So, if you're wandering about the title...well, I just had to share this story from last night- and I don't want to put too many super cute K quotes on FB...
 
K asked me to lay down with her, and here is our convo...
 
K: What's your name?
Me: Mommy.
K: No, you're real name?
Me: You call me mommy, but other people call me Lara.
K: Your name is Wara?
Me. Yup, LLLLLLLLLara.
K: What's daddy's name?
Me: Daddy.
K: No, his name on the phone?
Me: Oh, he's Chris.
K: Chris West?
Me: Yeah, Chris West.
K: And you're Wara West?
Me: Yes, ma'am, and who are you?
K: Katelyn West, and this is Purple Bunny West?
Me: Sure.
K: And Puppy West?
Me: Yep.
K: And Llama, Llama West?
Me: Uh huh. What's my name?
(Long Pause)
Me: Do you remember my name?
K: Mommy West to me!
 
Too stinking cute!!! Everything absorbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment