Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Whoaaa...

Today was our slow-down-and-do-nothing-day and it felt GRRRREAT!

We woke up late (7:45) - Chris started the day's meal in the crock-pot (roast) - I finished all of the disks of our 2007 vacation to Florida and started putting together the West Reunion from last year - We went to watch The Last Airbender (awesome!) - came home, ate on the patio - Watched Eagle Eye (a Redbox purchase) - I worked on the video some more, Chris played with the alarm system - and now he is looking stuff up for the alarm, while I am going to study for my Praxis test on Saturday.

We have had a few busy weekends however - for the 4th Mom flew into Chicago and Brent, Amanda, Makenna, Chris and I all went to pick her up. We stopped by Navy Pier and all took a speed boat ride followed by the Ferris Wheel. Dad showed up later. I had to work Saturday morning - we bought fireworks - Cathy and I went to see Eclipse.

Monday after they all left - Chris and I took Makenna to Indiana Beach where we met up with my parents, Casi and her family and Rachel and Ashley. We kinda-sorta lost track of time and everyone got home much later than planned...but...it was fun.

Last weekend we went Danville for the Danville Dans Game with Rachel, Ashley, Dustin and Kristina. Dinner was great at Jocko's with Mom, Dad and Grandma. Sunday we had lunch there and then came home for the Michigan City Fireworks that night.

This weekend The Steffen Family stopped by and stayed Friday night. Chris worked with Mitch in Fort Wayne. Saturday I worked (of course) and then Chris and I joined them at the beach in Chesterton. After that, we all met in New Buffalo for dinner at The Stray Dog and enjoyed walking the tourist stores there.

NOW - it is time for me to STUDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment