Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Monday, January 09, 2012

The Dairy Blues

We've been noticing that every time I eat a dairy product Katelyn will projectile vomit it out within minutes of nursing. So, to keep her beautiful smile happening - I've been learning to like Soy milk...-Or should I say WE to some extent. We have been using it for cooking, so in a sense Chris is adapting to it as well... even though there is no taste difference in the cooked meals that we have noticed so far.-

I had a coupon for $1 off Silk brand - I bought Original, but have read that Vanilla is apparently the best thing ever. Original has done alright by us, but I suppose I will break down and by a Vanilla carton on our shopping trip this week with the coupon from this weekends paper. The Pros and Cons of Soy Milk still seem to be up for debate from what I have read, but from what I read it all seems to wash equally. Plus, if it allows me to drink milk and not cause my baby girl to toss her lunch, I'm all for it.

In my research on Soy Milk I found a simple recipe for making your own Soy Milk. It's not something that makes me want to jump-up and get-to-making, but I may try it at some point, plus, it may interest you.

Making Your Own Soy Milk
Here are some basic steps:
1. Clean the Soybeans.
2. Soak them in water for several hours.
3. Grind the soaked Soybeans with some water in a blender.
4. Filter the mixture through cheesecloth by squeezing and keep the soy milk.
5. Boil the soy milk for about 10 minutes.
6. Let the soy milk cool.

2 comments:

  1. Kadence was the EXACT same way. Oh gosh, I dont miss not being able to eat (literally) everything that had dairy. She was gassy sick though, not vomit sick. Caffeine and her had a major battle with each other as well. Swear she was my high maintenance baby from the get-go. haha I'm so proud of how wonderful you are doing Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Amber! I can't eat Hershey's either... you know how hard it is to walk past the bowl of hugs kisses!?! I want to sneek a piece soooo bad!

    ReplyDelete