Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Loving the Winter/Spring Weather




Oh, Goodness. Today was one of those days when I didn't really feel like going much anything. The weather was so nice that I couldn't resist taking Katelyn for a stroll around the block. We passed a neighbor from the next block, and after a short chat we agreed to arrange a brunch date soon. She homeschools her children (I think she has 5), and the oldest one had gotten married this past year.

However, I also did a slight amount of work.. laundry, put the rest of my scrapbook stuff away so that I can get the sewing stuff out tomorrow, and soaked, washed, and then ran over 70 Mason/Canning jars through the dishwasher for Chris. They have just been sitting in tubs in front of the house since just after Katelyn was born. We bought them all for $20 from a lady cleaning out her father's garage after he passed away. She shared a delightful story of remembering she spent hour after ofter in the garden with him, and hopes that the jars get to continue being used. We plan on it. This is the year that we begin to plant our Vegetable Garden.

I did put the food menu together for next week, so I guess that can be counted as work too. It does take some time now that I am putting the menu together to match the items on sale at the grocery. It is not much, but we have saved $23 in groceries (only spending $53) for the first 2 weeks of January. Next week will be a little more because it is a stocking week with ground beef on-sale for $1.89/lb. Last time I bought about 15lbs, and there is still some left in there, but we just can't pass up a good deal anymore (that's what we got the deep freeze for).

I think I can muster the energy to finish cleaning my mess from cleaning the jars, and with a little a little more energy get the donation bags out to my car. I hate that I never remember them, and then when I am driving around I think, "Darn. Again, I forgot!" I am taking the nicer clothes to a donation site called BASICS that allows people to come in and just take what they need for nothing. It's really great. Kind of llike the Hope Chest that Heartland has going.

No comments:

Post a Comment