Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sloppy Joe's

The decision for what to make for dinner last night was pretty simple. I had a taste for Sloppy Joe's all weekend, but Chris likes to cook on Sunday's - so I got my Sloppy Joe fix as soon as I could.

I'm sorry that I don't have any real measurements for you. I just throw a little in, taste, and then improve where I can. There truly is not a better way to cook than to just taste, taste, taste. If you're like me then you really just use a recipe as more of a 'guide' anyway, tossing in more of the stuff you like, and less of the stuff you don't. (Plus, you really can't screw up Sloppy Joe's.)


Ingredients You'll Need:
Ground Beef  
Onions (diced)
Peppers (diced)
Ketchup
Brown Sugar
Garlic
Worchestire Sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
Yellow Mustard
(to offset if you make it too sweet like I did) 
Bread
Step 1: COOK your meat, onions, and peppers then drain.
Step 2: ADD lots of ketchup, garlic, (a little) brown sugar, worchestire sauce, (a little) Mustard, and salt & pepper. Mix to taste, slap on some bread and enjoy.


If you find that your mixture is tooo sweet for you, add a little more mustard. (Don't go crazy, but I don't suggest going hog-wild with the brown sugar. Just add a little, mix, taste and repeat if desired.)

No comments:

Post a Comment