Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Sadie Hawkins Dance

We've been busy. We went to another Colts game two-weekends ago, this past weekend Victoria went to the schools Sadie Hawkins dance, and Chris and I managed to leave Katelyn with a sitter for 2 hours while we stopped in for a friends graduation party....but...

This post is mostly about the Sadie Hawkins Dance....WOW!



Lil' Abner and the Sadie Hawkins Dance.

The dance where tradition flies out the window, and the girl asks the guy to the dance. It all started from a comic strip (read more here). But- I loved the movie, and I loved the silliness of the girls chasing the boys, and the boys trying to force a certain girl to catch them.

I'm not sure if it is WHERE or WHEN I grew up, but the Sadie's Dance was casual and the "couples" wore a matching shirt. Mostly, we all wore jeans and a basic top. I still remember spending hours at the mall with my mom searching for the perfect shirt that I'd want to wear as girl, and that would also be appropriate for my date to wear. Others had fun painting their matching shirts, but for whatever reason I decided these sweatshirts looked real nice.

 
(Yes, that's me! Hopefully the long blond hair gives me away! Though I do apologize for the poor quality)
 
Needless to say, I was blown away by the formal attire that Victoria and her friends wore to Sadie's. I guess growing up in Small Town Illinois didn't prepare me for the fact that the Sadie's dance just might be formal at times. The girls and boys were super cute all dressed up, and I loved that I was given a great reason to dig through the old picture box to find this picture and several others.
 
 
(Here is Victoria with her very stylish and fashion forward friends!)
 
I loved how great all the students looked, but part of me was sad that it wasn't the good 'ole hillbilly fun. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment