Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

So I called my mom and she'll be emailing the Dancing with the Stars pictures later on today. Which means I'll be posting them next week now.
**
**
My feet hurt! The building here in Mishawaka is a lot bigger than the one in kokomo and my feet are seriously feeling it. It doesn't make a difference which pair of shoes I wear to be honest. My sneaker manager shoes or my dress manager shoes. They hurt just the same after those 10 hour days. I have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off this week, then I close, close, mid, mid, mid. I did however apply for my dream job for which I am no where near qualified and have nothing related to it on my resume. But I thought well maybe if I write a really good cover letter, they may at least glance at me. It is the coordinating producer position for the Ebert and Roeper movie review show. Like I said, no experience but might as well submit for it.
**
**
Anyway- the guests at this store are ten times worse than the ones in kokomo. Mihir the General Manager said the the past two weeks have actually been easy going complaint weeks, and I should just wait till first quarter. Honestly I don't want to be there during first quarter. Yesterday I had a lady who said she wanted the token coupon, three drinks and a large pizza coupon. I read it back to her, she said yes that's correct then after she paid --- made me do a void because she only wanted one drink and 2 free water cups. When I delivered the pizza her grand kids had soda in the water cups. I told her that those cups are for water only and she would need to pay for the two sodas. She started yelling right off the bat...Here's our conversation:

Lady: I shared my pop with them I do this all the time

Me: I'm sorry mam but you made me give you money back because you didn't want to pay for them to have a pop, but yet they have pop anyway.

Lady: Yeah because I poured out of my cup into theirs are you saying I can't do whatever I want with my soda?

Me: Mam, I'm saying that everyone else that comes in here, if their kids are going to be drinking the soda- they pay the 1.78 to get them a soda. It's when people do stuff like this that we have to keep raising our prices, then everyone suffers.

Lady: Yeah but I can do whatever I want with my drink, and if I want to share it I can, what part of this aren't you understanding

Me: mam you lied to me at the register about them having water, you stole from the company and most importantly your teaching your grandchildren that it is okay to lie and steal and manipulate the system to save a dollar.

Lady: Girl, this better not be because I'm black-

Me: Mam it has nothing to with your skin color but everything to do with your character. I'm not going to make you pay for those drinks today, but all the managers are here to see you and if you try it again you're going to have to pay for it.

Lady: Well I'll just bring a cup from home.

Me: I'm sorry but outside cups can not be brought in.

Lady: Well I just won't buy anything next time.

Me: If that's what you choose that's fine.
**
**
I can't deal with people like this non stop. Friday night I had a guy complain that the cashier was racist because she took someone else's order before his. He said "I was standing next to the other guy, she took his order then the family behind walked up and she took their order.

I said sir I can tell you from my experience as a cashier here that usually people stand in a line, so she probably thought you were with him and when she realized you weren't it was too late to say anything.

The guy: "No what other reason is there except for the fact that she's thinking, He's a black man, he can wait he ain't no body"

then he started talking about slavery and anyone who knows me knows I don't deal well with this issue and I said well sir racism comes in all colors and we all need to mature from slavery times if we are ever going to grow to be a compassionate community. And sir, her husband is black and she has three mixed children with him. So I don't think she is racist.

then the guys says, well maybe she's mad at him and has decided to go the other way. All I know is she needs a reality check, she needs to be put in check.

***
***
I can't deal with this. I'm averaging 2 racial comments and attitudes a week! I need a new job, maybe I'll take a week vacation or something to job search. Although, I've been told that Michigan City is worse than South Bend on the racial feud.

*
*
*
*
Anyway so there are my complaints this week. I'll make a happier post in a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment