Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Waiting for work

Hey again. Lara Here. I just purchased my first Amtrak ticket! I am taking the train to Champaign, Il from Chicago to go see Dancing With Stars Live with mom. I am excited because I want to see Joey Fatone from Nsync! Dad was supposed to be going with her but he forgot to request the day off work- so I am the lucky one that gets to go- I almost didn't go though because I couldn't get a seat on the communter train from South Bend to Chicago. However, we all know how great Chris is and he said he would drop me off at Union Station then he would go in and work on training materials for work. I really wanted to spend the day with him, but he has got to, got to get stuff done for work that he don't have time for while actually at work.


At work at the South Bend store yesterday I think I got the initiation into the Mean Guest Club! it was 11:15ish in the Am we had only had like four orders and a day care wanting the 5.99 per kid party came in. They had 40 kids! Which is great!They called at 10 to say they would be coming so I counted 50 cups of 20 tokens each.
>
>
I rang the order in and the lady and her husband were fuming over the price. He said that's wrong let me see that, he leaned over to see the register, then wanted a calculator.
>
>
So while I have this guy still complaining to me in one ear. I have another lady going, "I only have a quick question." Which was about some Parks Department thing for the 5.99 per person package. I told her you have to have a minimum of 4 kids, yadda yadda. Then she starts ranting, "Well then Chuck E Cheese can pay for my cab ride back home and don't think I'm gonna be spending any money here again."
>
>
While she's saying this, :::chatterbox hand motion::: I got the other guy going blah,blah,blah in my other ear still. I mean he was just mumbling- not making sense and somehow wanted some kind of repsonse from me right that second. I told the other cashier to go get the coordinator to deal with the parks lady. She never shut up even after I told her that another manager was coming to help her because I was serving this guest.
>
>
Apparently, I used the wrong word there, "SERVING" because I put all the tokens I had counted out on a tray and set the 40 drink cups on it and set it in front of the guy, he pushed the tray off the counter towards me and said, "Excuse me- but I thought you were supposed to be servicing us"
>
>
Fine! I recounted all the tokens he just dumped on to the floor, being polite I walked them out the tables and said your food will be done in a few minutes. The guy goes, "What about our drinks?" I told him the beverage bar was self serve right behind the salad bar. He again says, "I thought you were servicing us?" I told him that the full service package is 10.99 per kid.
>
>
When four of the nine pizzas were ready I asked where they would like me to put them and that the others would be done in a couple minutes. The lady says they are waiting on 12 more people and wants them held. I told her we were running out of room under the warmer and it was getting too busy to hold them there. The guy then says, "Well that's fine, you can just give us a free pizza for the inconvienence." I smiled and said I'm not authorized to do that.
>
>
When the other people arrived, I went to deleiver the pizza's. The guy says "Excuse me, excuse me- can you change that trash can, It really stinks." A forced smile from me and I tell him "Yes, sir. I will gladly change that trash can that only has three plates and two napkins in it." So I did. And thankfully he didn't say anything else to me the rest of his visit.
>
>
GRRR! Lucky for me the rest of the day was smooth sailing. :::sighs:::

No comments:

Post a Comment