Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Kudos to Chris!




Chris deserves some major Kudos for his discovering of a 1/2 a mil error on the employees cell phone bills. The VP thought Chris was nit-picking the whole thing, but after the financial team looked over the bills, the overage was going to cost the department 500K more than what it should have paid. So Chris gets an Atta-Boy!

Saturday we cleared out the boxes in one of the guest rooms. There is just an extra dresser in there that we need to find a spot for. The room is already set up but we will be pulling that stuff out while we paint the walls soon. I think we will be in Kokomo this weekend working on that house. We were thinking about replacing the cabinets in the kitchen, but we are going to see if there is a paint we can use on them and then just replace the counter top. I'll be stripping more wall paper off the ceiling in the upstairs bedroom. We are hoping that the grass has not grown too much, or Chris will be mowing that too.

This is the last week of classes! I have a class this morning and tonight. Tonight is my Spanish Final... wish me luck... Thursday night is my EDU Final... I got 20 out of 2o on both portfolios I turned in last week! My last one is due before the test on Thursday. If I get a 17 at the lowest on this portfolio, I still have a 4 point cushion on the final to keep my A. Of course, if I get a 20- then I'll have an even more cushier, cushion for the final. Thanks again Rachel for being my portfolio child.

Chris just booked his plane tickets last night for Buffalo, NY. He leaves on the 20Th and will be home on the 22ND. I have to drive to Mishawaka on Tuesday next week for training at the bank... I'm gonna learn how to get referrals. I have to take this class even though I am staying only one or two behind the full-timers each month....and I'm only working 20 hours compared to their 40. Perhaps they see I got something and they want to improve it..?? I don't want to go, because A. I don't like the drive to Mishawaka, and B. I hate to see them waste training money on me because I'm really looking forward to substitute teaching in August. I'm just not telling them yet. I thought Mid-June would be good. That will give them two weeks to find someone, and two weeks to get them trained.

Well, I better get my portfolio done so I won't have to cram it in later... I still need to grocery shop today too! MMM-MMM-MMM Chris and I teamed up to make Kristina's Hot Wings last night for Dinner.... We had Steamed Veggies with cheese and Hot Wings... yum right? Anyway.. they we're good.

No comments:

Post a Comment