Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Weekend

I had to work on Saturday but the long weekend was still great! We drove to Danville after work and spent the night. In true Grandma Hall fashion, the girls and her did another experiment. The girls wanted to see the diet Pepsi explode from mentos. So here is is, shooting straight out of the bottle.

Sunday morning Chris, Dad and I headed to Indianapolis for the races. I was going to go to FT. Wayne with mom and the kids, but Chris insisted I go with them to the race and I did not think I could handle the trip with all them kids. So away to the race I went...sorry mom, don't hate me. (Race Pictures Posted above)


After the races, we drove to Casi and Shane's to see their new property. It just down the road from their current house. We had a camp fire, rode four wheelers, played yard games, walked in the woods and camped out in tents.
















On Monday we played more yard games. Dad watched the girls and Devon while Mom and Chris went to get and made lunch (ribs, baked beans, corn on the cob and baked mac & Cheese.. YUMMY!) Shane and Austin were at the house and Casi and I went frog hunting down at their pond. We didn't catch anything, but I saw some very colorful fish down there. Later in the day before lunch, I took Rachel, Ashley, Austin, Devon and the two neighbor girls Kaitlyn and Courtney for a walk. We walked across the corn field so Austin could look for golf balls, (don't ask me) and then we walked to the school and played on the equipment. Then we walked around the corn field to the 'big bridge' on our way home. It was exciting trying to keep track of all those kids by myself. But I was surprised Devon walked the entire way, and when one of us tried to pick him up, he'd kick he feet to be put down. He must have been having fun walking on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment