Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

After great debate I have decided to drop my trig class. I took this class because I was having so much fun with the one before it...however after only two sessions I discovered that I am not well prepared because the instructor from last semester simply had us practice the first steps of the whole problem then went on to the next first steps of the another type of problem. So I thought hmm... I have one day to drop the class the class and get my money back.... or I stress out and try to do the course and hurt my 4.0 GPA for a class that I do not need for my degree. I decided to drop it. I took my book back this morning during the break for my first class, then after class I went to student affairs to officially drop for my refund. Tony, one of the guys in the office, was like "whoa, whoa, whoa -I'm going to make you talk to Doc Downs about this first." So I go to Dr Downs office and he's like "I think you should give it a few more weeks, it's hard but it's easy stuff at the same time....why don't you talk to Mrs. Ficken about it first." I call Mrs. Ficken and she tells me to come see her after work, before my other class tonight. I stop by and she gives me an A for effort on expanding my horizons and stepping out of my comfort zone , but she thinks I should drop it. So She signed off on me dropping the course, but encourages me to find another class to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment