Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Having a Virus Sucks

Well, right after Isabela and her family left, the desktop got a virus. So I have had no working computer. Finally after realizing that Chris has too much going on with work and school to be able to tend to either of them, and I, of course for some reason can't seem to comprehend the whole virus, worm, spyware, malware stuff- I took the laptop to the professionals. I've heard that the people at FlashPro Techsperts in MC, are excellent, fun and honest. So.. I took the laptop to them. They currently have a special for $119 to have all the protective things done to the computer, or to have it wiped clean to scratch. So I heard this may be slightly pricey, but not the most expensive- but again, everyone I talked to loves them. So when I get the call that the laptop is ready to picked up, I do so. The guy tells me he rid the computer of 40 some Trojan infected files, 300 some spyware programs, and so on. Then he says, "That'll be $92." So I respond, "Oh wow, that's cheaper than I thought, are you sure?" and he says, "yeah, your computer really wasn't that bad and it took less than an hour so I'm not going to charge you the full price." I never would have known the difference, so Kudos to honest companies like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment