Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Classes

Whelp, my summer classes are officially underway. I had my first test in Sociology on Monday - I feel fairly to very confident that I didn't fail. It's a lot of information, but luckily (at least right now,)it is all stuff that I've covered in various other classes such as Freud, Piaget and Erikson, and Lenski's Cultural Evolution. It's when we get pass the introductory stuff that I haven't already studied that I'll be freaking out about.

I'm also taking a transition class, which is basically a practice for the PRAXIS, the pre-profession skills test. This one is on-line and I've had a semi-rough start. Not because it is difficult, but because I wasn't smart enough to take the practice test over and over till I got a good score. I just assumed that we got full credit for spending the four hours taking the test, and I submitted my score as it honestly was. While other people even on the discussion board are saying how they took it like three times because they didn't want the instructor to think they are behind. And, they were right, because our grade out of 100 was based on our practice test scores. Which I gladly would have taken the test again (I kinda rushed through it the first time,and it still took me 4 hours,) and taken my time to get a better score. Ah, well. I emailed the instructor asking to retake it, she said not right now just see how the semester goes because there is still time to get extra credit. I'm not real worried, I just have to remember to do all the discussion board assignments before the deadline. I think there is like 2 one-page papers I have to write also, but one-page? That should be a cake walk. :) (FYI - it is a 1 credit class)

No comments:

Post a Comment