Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why, Why???

Can someone please tell me why it always happens to US!??!


So This weekend we spent the night in Danville, so that Sunday we could take the girls to the Colts game. Well...after the Colts game Chris is putting his bags back in the trunk.


(We put them in the backseat so we could pull all of our tailgate food out.)


And he says, "Where's my lap top bag?" So of course we immediately believe it must be at my mom's house. So we call and call and finally she answers and says it is not there. I'm not too worried and I tell Chris "Oh, she's probably just looking too hard and over looking it."


(Of course, we are freaking out while we try to convince ourselves of this! It was not calm or rational by any means.)


I get her house Sunday evening - it's really not there. I rush home early Monday morning, hoping that he accidentally put it into his car while rushing around to get everything packed....hmm...NOPE.


So, There is nothing I can do. I decide to go detail clean my car out...yeah...that is when I discover the big black hole on the side of door....some PUNK done went and pried the entire lock mechanism out of my drivers door.


(Which I'm told will not trigger the theft alarm????)


We must be too trusting of society, and have much too little faith in ourselves because we never once thought that somebody would break into our car! Not to mention, the thought NEVER crossed our minds because nothing else was missing.


I had the ENTIRE books of season tickets in the glove box, we have the 6 disk changer, the GPS was in the console (all the cords were out, and there is a ring on the window - all signs point to GPS HERE) Thankfully (I guess,) everything else was left alone, but GRRRRR! It is just so frustrating -


Not to mention Chris had his Passport with his Visa for Brazil in the bag that got stolen. So he has been in Cali for work, not able to do his work because he's been running around San Fransisco trying to get a new Passport and Visa in a week. (Which I think he has successfully accomplished.)


Can I just say GRRRRR and stomp my feet one more time, please?