Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Doctor Notes:


So we are down (or up?) to two week appointments. Tuesday was the first one in this series. Week 30 officially starts on Friday, so I’ll post the new bump picture then so I won’t scrapbook the wrong one (just in case the next few days brings on a big change).

The doctor was pleased, although rather surprised, that my iron levels actually went up instead of down, 12.7 to 13. He said he doesn’t know what I’m doing, and Chris and I just shrugged at each other…like we don’t know, junk food and sitting on my bum all day?

Weight gain was 1.5 pounds – about 22 lbs. total. We’re right on track there with a goal in the neighborhood of 35 if we stay on pace these last months. We’ll see what happens.

Visually, the Dr. refers to my bump as an “optical illusion”, because it practically disappears when I lay back – but, everything is measuring just fine. This is not something I was worried about until the last appointment before this one when he kept assuring me that the size was fine. So, when he measured and walked to his files expecting the measurement to be small this appointment, I just let my worry (which he unintentionally started at the last appointment) of a baby with dwarfism be known, he promptly looked over his file and said not to worry because the femur length was exactly proportional to the head and chest, and with dwarfism this is not the case. (Not that bump size really matters as far as the size of the baby, but irrational fears have a way of creeping in there. – No need to flood me with reassurance (or short jokes) there. :))

The glucose test came back A-Okay. Doc gave the old pancreas a thumbs-up in case you were wondering.

Who knew I was having contractions? Makes sense now that I think about what I described I was feeling versus the whole name…contractions… but give me a break – how am I just supposed to magically know what they feel like?? I’m having them every day, numerous a day actually, so doc has us monitoring the time on those, so we can put the kibosh on them if needed. <<<------That is why I’m glad Chris enjoys going too, because I had already been convinced by myself and others that what I was feeling was just the position of the baby being weird, because I have actually been able to feel these things for a while now and I had forgot to ask, and because the feeling was happening more and more and more frequently Chris decided to bring it up. Gotta love him. <3<3<3<3<3<3

I think that might be everything. I guess if it’s not Chris will just have to let me know, but I think that is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment