Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Patient Chris

No, Chris still is not very patient- but he is A patient! Surgery day was yesterday! Chris couldn't have anything to eat from midnight on, which he didn't think he would have to do so he ate at 6pm then went to bed. I tossed all his papers for prep at him as I was walking out the door for work when he realized he couldn't stop and get a burger on the way there. I was supposed to work 8-4 but Robin (other Assistant Manager) came in an hour early to relive me. I got home about a quarter till noon and away we went. I packed all the goodies for the waiting room, I packed a deck of cards, a puzzle book, my IPOD, a stock market book, some DVDs and a portable DVD player. I ended up only reading a portion of the book and watching part of the movie. I didn't have to stay in the waiting room at all. I got to sit in a private room while Chris was in surgery for all of 45 minutes. We spent hours there but we sat and talked until they said it was time to make him take a nap. The surgery went smooth and fast said Doctor Johnson. I got instructions on how to work that air cast- cyro cuff thingie. Whoever came up with that thing is really a genius- so easy and beats having 50 million ice packs in the freezer. Getting Chris into the car was another story. He drank Apple Juice after the surgery and it made his tummy queasy without having anything else in it. He sat up and started to feel sick. When he would lay down he was semi-better. After about 30 minutes we loaded him up into the front seat and I made him drive home. (Just Joking!) I drove!


Everyone knows I am having serious issues with my cameras battery- (I know, I know just buy a new battery!) as soon as I get this one reloaded I will get pictures of Christophers knee in that aircast. I know he'll be excited to show it off! Today we go back to Doc Johnson for a check up on everything. We'll find out if Chris needs to do some Physical Therapy or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment