Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Monday, July 14, 2008

That Ain't No Lake Vermillion!

Holy Crapazoid Batman! Chris and I took the Jetski out on Lake Michigan for the first time this season on Sunday and NEVER AGAIN! LOL! It was nice and smooth at the Marina where we docked, then we putted our way around the bigger boats, yachts and sails. And as soon as we got out to the lake, it was choppy, choppy, choppy! There were like 5 foot swells, not even exaggerating! They were actually collapsing over us! We made it about five minutes then beached it in no-man's land to get our energy back up after fighting the choppy water. Then we headed right back in because we value our lives, and I didn't feel like dieing. Today I learned that there were warnings with the high winds out later that afternoon, and New Buffalo even closed the beach because of the dangerous conditions.

It took so much energy trying to stay afloat on that thing that we came home, said we'll watch a movie, then go to Washington Park for the weekend festivities...Yeah we both fell asleep. Chris' was laying down with his head on my lap and I fell asleep with my head on his back. We even said we didn't want to take a nap because we wanted to be able to sleep that night. Which BTW, we were still sound asleep by 10:30 with the nap.


In better news, Saturday was a crazy work out day for Chris and I. I worked till 1:30, and ate lunch. Then we went to work out. I did a Cardio workout for 30 minutes, Chris did a cardio workout for a full hour! I also did 100 more crunches on the machines that I normally do, and I am feeling it! We also spent about two hours out on the tennis courts. We're getting pretty good. I think it may be time to even trade in my racquetball racket, for a real tennis racket. :)

We did the jet ski in the morning on Sunday. When we got up from our naps, we headed down to Washington Park. They had some flea-markety tents set up and a small carnival for the kids. We saw the kids division of the Sand-Castle building contest and walked down to the water. Then we came home, ate dinner, and then went back to the park for the Fireworks that night. They were pretty cool, pictures and videos are in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment