Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Go Cubs Go, Go Cubs Go...

Hey Chicago what do you say, the cubs are gonna win today!"

If I'm posting it, then you know what it means.... We're going to a Cubs game.. and not just going to any Cubs game, we are treating Isabela and her Boy friend Felipe to America's Past Time. And I have to say, I'm very excited that Isabela said she wanted to go to a baseball game during our phone call before she left Brazil. Because I have a whole pool full of Cubs memories at Wrigley Field and I have not been in soooo long, that my inner child is jumping up and down screaming for joy to be revisiting such a wonderful experience. (Thanks Mom and Dad) Every time Chris and I are in Chicago, I always ask, "Do you think they are doing tours through Wrigley today?" Usually they are not because we always go on the weekends, and usually with other plans and run out of time.

I remember the hustle and bustle of getting in the gates before the games, though I don't actually remember the game.... But I do remember going to the Cubs Clinic and it getting rained out.... but... we got to sit under the terrace and a few of the Cubs players came out and shared different tips, tricks and techniques with us. Specifically - Joe Girardi - he taught me how to stand when I bat on those bleachers, and I'll never forget, he was the dreamiest. :)

Chris says that the last time he went to a game was in high school with Lisa McMahon and her family. They went to the Field Museum before the game. So we are both pretty excited. I think we were going to try and go to a game later in the year, but SUPER Thanks Isabela for giving us that push, because you know us.... it's be next year and we'd be saying the same thing... "I think we're gonna try...." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment