Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our Newly Decorated Guest Room

So we finally stopped avoiding redecorating the guest room. We painted it "Radiant Lilac". This was an easy color choice for us, because it looked great with all the home interiors that I had just laying in the room, and collecting dust in other random places.


I started working on my part of the room while Chris was at work... a perk to working part-time. We have found that painting with SUPER PAINT is much better then using cheaper paint when you don't really want to paint it two or three times.




Yumm... all this work is making me hungry.



Seriously though, I would make a terrible painter. Do not call me for your future painting needs - It's boring and I don't like it.
Chris says he enjoys it, so call him if you need some painting done that you don't want to do yourself.
Chris and I paint rooms with a deal, I paint the bottom half, he paints the top. If it needs a second coat, I paint for a few minutes, find an excuse to stop "just for a minute" and he finishes it.
Here it is - Almost all finished. I bought the quilt today at JCPenny along with new sheets and pillow cases. The quilt does not look to match as well in the picture, but the lilac color is around the center patch and in the more yellow squares. I'm a little disappointed, but it does not look as mismatched in-person.



No comments:

Post a Comment