Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Shopping Spree... but Not what you think!

Oh My, Oh My! After class this morning, I went over to Save-A-Lot to do some grocery shopping. This is my favorite place to shop when I have not made a list of dinners, or even a grocery list for the week. It's small and easy to get around in, plus there is not so much that you find yourself buying a ridiculous amount of food, spending a ridiculous amount of money, and then find you have no complete meal to cook! (Man I hate when that happens)

Anyway - I went on a great day! I got so much freakin' food, we're stocked for the next two, maybe three, weeks, seriously! I may have to go back only to get more milk or sandwich meats. Everything was on sale it seemed. Chicken Leg quarters, Country Ribs, Pork Chops, Beef Steaks, and Cutlets! I just piled it all in the cart, came home divided it up in portion baggies and tossed them in the freezer. I did no fancy recipes this week, no RR or Paula Dean, no steps to follow, just my own mix of spices and flavors, keeping it simple, keeping it real in the West kitchen this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment