Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Great News

-The lap-top can be saved! All that happened was a RAM chip broke when it fell. So we are having that replaced and upgraded to the maximum. It should be ready early next week because they had to order it.

------

Last night we went to watch Transformers 2 - I don't care what everyone says, I liked it... but that's really not saying much. There are few movies that I don't like. We also got some yumyum Mexican food from El Bracero's! We hung out with Greg, who works with Chris.

------

Thursday I made my pie crust and Friday morning I made the filling. I made 5 Sugar Creme Pies and ooohhhhh are they good! I need to work on getting the crust a little thinner, but I'm happy with the results. The kids from upstairs watched as I made the crusts before they got called back upstairs by their dad. Their grandma is going to be staying with their dad for a month. She is from South Carolina. They asked if I would bring their grandma a pie on Sunday... so I will.

-----

Today at work I got called every nasty name in the book for asking the guy for his ID. He stared at me before he said anything. This made me think, "hmm... maybe I should know him." I asked Kelly if she knew him - no. Then he started in on me, "This is Ridiculous you stupid (choice words) banker..." When he took a breath I apologized and tried to quickly explain that it is for his protection - it might as well been *blah,blah,blah* to his ears. Then he demanded that I write my name and address on his receipt... yeah right! I assumed he meant for it so he could complain that I asked for his ID- so I told him, my teller number will be on your receipt, and that is how they will identify me. Apologized again for the inconvenience and got stared at again for about 30 seconds before I walked away from the window. He sat there for about 2 more minutes before he drove away. I told Kelly, "well I'm glad I don't cry anymore when I get cussed at for not knowing someone." Carrie told me about a million times when I first started that people will be angry when I ask for it, but I should ask them, "Excuse me, but do you know my name?" Hahaha, that rough side of being a teller... asking for ID!

------

Chris and I have both been hitting the tanning bed so we won't be reflecting, blinding tourist on vacation. I have decided that August is way too far into the year to be taking a vacation. Next year it needs to be much earlier than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment