Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Just call this "The Death Blog"

Let's pray that the death clouds have moved on from people I know now. Like seriously! At the bank we had a customer that was 19 and just one morning didn't wake up and his girlfriend just had a baby the week before. (we later found out it was drugs) Then, we have an old lady customer whose adult daughter and son-in-law bank with us, their son had been driving the grandma around for months and bringing her to the bank. One day he just died (They never did say why nor was there a memorial service for him.)


NOW TODAY - I learn that my bestest of all best friends from high school has passed away. Jamie Hundley called me last night and left me a message to call her, and she was like ..."so what happened to Joe?" and I'm like, "what do you mean?" and she's like "mom said he died this week." And I'm like, "no...no...My mom would have called me. there's no- well let me look online..." and there was his senior picture in the obituaries.
Joe was the best friend you could ask for, even was my roomate out on Batestown road after graduation. Sounds sterotypical, but he was always there, always offering suggestions, always dropping everything to be where he was needed. I'm going to miss chatting with him. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment