Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

This ain't no joke

It's made national news on smaller scale I guess...but three inmates escaped from the prison here this past weekend. One was caught at Mayor Daley's house just outside of town in Michigan. They are assuming it was just chance that they would be arguing over stealing a car just outside his residence where a security guard for the property spotted them. We all assumed the others would keep on going. Yesterday Chris said he heard someone spotted the other two on Karwick rd.

Just out of curiosity today on my day off, I turn the scanner on. They are still "in pursuit". I hear of groups walking south and north and then reaching a certain point then they start again, and again. Abandoned houses are being gone through, they found foot prints that disappear into the creek, then 'fresh' footprints coming from the creek.

Officers are obviously bored at their posts as one just asked, "I'm here at the parking lot, do I need to stay put, or would I be of better assistance elsewhere?"

Then someone responds, "We got search groups coming all through that area, maintain position."

and the officers voice is just as disappointed as all get out, "roger that".

Anyway, I think two were serving time for murder and one for rape. One of the murderers was caught...makes for an intersting day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment