Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

November Crafts

Happy November!

I actually got an email from a friend who wanted to know how in the world I have so many craft and things to do with Katelyn!?! So, I told her I'd post them for her this month. Most of the crafts I get from other sites, (or at least get inspired from them). I usually have a list of 20 for the first half of the month, and then I'll add some more depending on how many we actually do of the first list.

I'm an organizer by nature. So, I surf the net (usually using Pinterest for easy saving) - and collect a bunch of fun looking crafts and games. Then I'll copy and paste the materials needed, as well as the instructions with a picture of each product on a single page in a WORD document. (Sometimes, I get inspired by something and I'll make my own material list/instructions.)  Each project gets it's own page, and then I print them off, give them a 3-hole punch, and file them away behind the appropriate tab in my project binder. I'll make a list of crafts and games to put at the front of the binder, so I have a quick list to reference when needing an idea for something to do. (I'll make a shopping list, and start at the dollar store for as much as possible.)

 Most projects require the same materials, so it makes things simple to keep everything stashed away or tossed in a bucket. Then I can glance at my list, and pull out what I need. This month uses a lot of feathers and cut outs, so I have most of those already precut.

Here are our November crafts with a supply list for you:
(I've included a link to sites I used for you, although I encourage creative freedom.)

1. Candy Corn Footprint/Handprint (Paint in three stage colors, and print)
2. Fall Wreath (Paint paper plate brown, cut out middle, glue leaves (real or cutouts) around.)
3. Milk Jug Turkey (Brenna Phillips, Children's Ministry)
4. Confetti Leaf (Glue confetti on a felt/foam leaf)
5. Marker Print Turkey (Using the Monster Marker Print from Housing a Forest)
6. Pumpkin Moon Sand (Growing a Jeweled Rose)
7. Stuffed Football (No Time for Flashcards)
8. Mosaic Indian Corn (No Time for Flashcards)
9. Turkey Baster Painting (No Time for Flashcards)
10. Shape Scarecrow (No Time for Flashcards)
11. Bubble Wrap Corn (Pink and Green Mama)
12. Feather Counting (Draw turkey with numbers, glue on that many paper feathers)
13. Clothes Pin Turkey (Fun in ECSE)
14. Marshmallow Corn (Creekside Learning)
15. Glitter Leaf (6th Street Design)
16. Glowing Rock Path (Paint rocks with glow paint, and put outside.)
17. Turkey Hats (Miss Maren's Monkeys)
18. Foot/Hand Print Turkey (Snails and Puppy Dog Tails)
19. TP Roll Turkey (ABC Home Preschool)
20. Tissue Paper Crow (Cut out bird shape, glue on tissue paper balls.)
21. PB and TP Roll Birdfeeder (Spread on PB and roll it in the birdseed, attach string, and hang outside.)
22. Falling Leaves Art (Cut out a tree, glue on paper, apply falling leaves.) K actually did a Fall tree in Sept. So, I thought it would be neat to make on to represent how she sees the leaves now.

Work Trays:
1. Bead Tree (Print a leafless tree, add color dots, and match beads to the colors)
2. Bead Pitcher Transfer (Put beads in one pitcher, transfer to the other.)
3. Nature Drawing (Have nature items in a dish, explore them, and then draw them.)
4. Leaf Drop Bucket  (Clip cloth leaves to clothes pins, drop intp bucket from varying heights.)
5. Pumpkin Seeds:
       a. Shapes (draw shapes on, and match)
       b. Colors (color dots on, and sort.)
       c. Name (Spell out name on seeds, put in order.)
       d. Painting
6.  Sensory Bin #1 (Fall)
        a. Acorns
        b. Pinecones
        c. Corn Kernels
        d. Leaves
        e. Sticks
7. Sensory Bin #2 (Military)
        a. Colored Sand and Shave Cream
        b. Army Men (and women)
        c. Star shaped glasses
        d. Army vehicles
8. I Spy Cards
    (*I make these myself by cutting put different pictures from magazines and gluing them to a large index card. I'll ask K to find an object on the card.)

Materials Needed for Crafts:

Tape, Glue, Stapler (optional) Scissors

Fall Colored Construction Paper
Paint (in all colors, but most definitely in Fall colors)
Googly Eyes
5-8 Clothes pins (squeeze clip-on)
Mini Marshmallows
Glitter
String/Yarn
Paper plates
Glow in the dark paint
Rocks
Turkey Baster
Bubble Wrap (small piece is fine)
Play sand
Corn starch
Pumpkin Pie spice
Food coloring (Orange)
Paper grocery bag
Scrap Newsprint
White paper
Markers
Piece of Cardboard
Milk Jug
Felt/Foam Leaves
Confetti
Coffee Filter
Tissue Paper (Black and Yellow)
Pumpkin Seeds
 Shave Cream
Army Men (and women)
Star shaped glasses
Army vehicles
Wooden beads
Small Pitchers (2)
Colored Pencils
TP Rolls
Peanut butter
Bird Seed

Printed Tree with Colors

Acorns
Pinecones
Corn Kernels
Leaves
 Sticks



No comments:

Post a Comment