Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pretend play, Sticker face, Goop play, and Pumpkin fun

Yes, we watched the Calliou episode where they go the Planetarium and dress up for the best robot costume. So...we decided to have a dress up day ourselves. I suggested the wings, K picked out the helmet, apron, and boots....Rosie wears oven mitts, and they were the first thing K asked for.

Mommy had to dress up, too.

Another fun time waster...stickers bought in bulk, and a clean face...that's all you need.

And after nap time...Katelyn LOVES seeing either the 'mess cloth' or the 'paint drop' on the floor when she wakes up. She starts to squeal if she is awake and sees me pulling one of them out. This is our goop bin. I wash it out and reuse it for other games and bins.

Goop is simple to make. It is a box (or two) of corn starch and water. I added paint to make it more colorful for her, but food coloring works, or you don't have to add anything. Fun is Fun is Fun.

And it didn't take long for her to think all her limbs had to be in the bin.

"No, no, no--- back on the cloth, please!" Sometimes I shake my head, wondering what on earth I was thinking using such messy things.
 

A pumpkin patch magically grew over the weekend at school...and K got to 'pick' her own pumpkin. We decided to paint them after dinner. Daddy helped K a little, and I painted the one she got last week at the school party.
 
Katelyn calls this "Fire Ghost".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment