Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Friday, August 03, 2012

It's A No, But I Like...

I'm still checking out bedroom ideas. It is REALLY going to happen before the end of this year. I can not take another year with those Stripes and Dogs from the previous owners. This is not something our room is equipped for, but I am really drawn to it.

Click Here for the Tutorial Post.

On the other hand - I would LOVE to put a map up for Katelyn to track her travels. I've been looking into the thought, and I found these awesome vinyl world maps to do just the trick. I am going to get her one, but I don't know when/if it will go up in her room. I'm thinking one of the basement walls would be most appropriate, that way as her style changes through her teens she won't be tempted to paste boyband posters all over take it down. Hmm... I wonder if I shouldn't put it on a mobile piece, then if we move she'll still have it, and then in thirty years she can be rummaging through the attic (something I LOVE to do at my parents house) and have something great to keep when she is ready for it.

Check them out here.

2 comments:

  1. You could mimic the double window look with wardobes instead of the windows and that would give you more closet space. Younghouselove did that in their old master bedroom, they bought the wardrobes from Ikea, although they wouldn't be hard to build. The doors you could get from a habitat restore or a preservation store or craigslist? I should post the photo of our bedroom since we've moved some stuff around.

    You have to scroll down the page to get to the masterbedroom photo from younghouselove: http://www.younghouselove.com/photo-gallery-2/our-first-house/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks and sounds awesome! I think I may need to just hire you. =P I'd love to see the pictures! I absolutely love what YHL has done. I keep telling Chris we need a smaller dinning room table, but he's pretty stuck on the huge one. Keep the advice coming!

      Delete