Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Monday, August 20, 2012

The "No Work" Potty Method

Miss K will be getting one of these (ok, maybe not THIS one, but a potty chair of some kind,) very soon. I'm calling this the "No Work" Potty Training Method. Basically - you take your child into the bathroom with you every time you go. You make funny squeezy noises, and tell them, "One day you'll be sitting on this very same potty chair as mommy and going potty in it like a big girl!" Then, at about 10 months old - they'll start pounding on the seat to tell you they need to use it.

Ok, the method may be a bit of a joke (although that really is what I have been doing with her since I can't leaver her alone while I go), the part about the 10 month old is not.

Katelyn is basically potty training herself. She hates her diapers, and I think she has figured out how to get out of them... using the toilet. (I can't say I mind, I'm tired of changing them already. BONUS!)

It started on Thursday- when she was banging on the seat taking her diaper off. I joking sat her on the seat, and boom- she pee-peed.Then, Saturday she did the same thing and went #2!

Sunday- she took her diaper off and peed on Chris's arm in the bed. (but we chucked that up to "Hey, I took my diaper off. How else could I have told you?") I promptly removed her from the bed and sat her on the pot where she finished with #2.

She went three times on Sunday. She tried for 4, but all she had to do was fart. LOL!

I'm sure this post will come back to haunt me when she is actually ready to wear big-girl panties, but for right now I'd like to think my daughter is a potty genius!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment