Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Winter Corn

What I love most about the Farmer's Market is all the great Sweet Corn. It's been a rough year for corn, so the options have been more limited. LAST Saturday morning, we hit up the Market and grabbed a bag full. Last year Grandpa West (Great Gpa to K) gave us a cooler full of frozen corn on the cob. It was delicious. This year- we're freezing our own.
I found some sites that say to Blanche the corn first, but Grandpa West didn't do this, so we didn't either. The bags are big and bulky (Thankful for the spacious deep freeze) - We just:
1) husked the corn,
2) tossed them in a Freezer Bag,
3) and froze.

The seal popped open on one bag and now I have a frozen pond in my freezer..booo! I think we're hitting up a neighboring Farmer's Market tomorrow .. and maybe the Orchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment