Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

...and into the hole she fell....

No, I'm not talking about Alice in Wonderland, I'm talking about me. Have I mentioned how horrible the pot holes are here? Yeah, well I hit the mack daddy of all pot holes last night. Busted my tire like it was nothing. I was near a very bad section of town but luckily just a block from the police station....BTW, I tried the insurance company but if you don't have an accident between the hours of 9 and 5 with State Farm for get it. The 1800 number said "The number you are dialing has a new message, press one for a text message." And that is your only option! Either you wait for a text message or you don't get help. I said forget that and walked over to the station. It took 2 hours to get the tire changed. Within those two hours, another car pulled into the parking lot with a blown tire and while I was driving away I heard what sounded like another one blowing in the same hole. So $290 later, I have a new tire. Luckily the rim was not damaged. The frame of the car however, was not so lucky.
Caught on something, the Midas guy says that the frame is going to cost more than the tire to fix. How exciting - I guess now I am driving a true ghetto cruiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment