Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Still Catching Up - Sunday

Superbowl Sunday was awesome! We tried a new church again this week. This one is a non-denominational one on the out skirts of town. The church is a very cute building. It has a little creek and covered bridges going from the parking lot to the building. The Pastor seemed to look quite young- which is not a problem, however I felt that he was holding some emotions in. You know? Like he seemed to be afraid to raise his voice he was sort of mono-tone the entire time. I want to keep looking. I don't think this one is "home". Of course Chris said, "We'll never find a church if you compare them all to Heartland." Can I just say that I am not comparing the church to Heartland- I'm comparing the feeling I got the first time I walked into Heartland and the feeling I got the first time I walked into this place. I didn't feel free to worship, no one was singing and dancing and yelling with a free heart. And to me, that's a big part of how I worship and I want to do it with other people. So the search for a church continues....

After church, we went straight to the movies to watch 27 dresses as I mentioned in a previous post- it is finally on the 5 buck club list. Of course we should have eaten lunch first because we ended up buying popcorn, nachos and drinks! We both thought is was a funny movie. Of course everytime I see Katherine Heigl (spelling?) I'm always thinking of My Father The Hero in the back of my mind and that movie has me laughing everytime I watch it. So perhaps I am a little bias.

After the movie we came home to eat the left overs and get ready for the big game! I got online and remembered that I never finished my One Tree Hill video and Monday was the last day for submissions! So I worked frantically on that while Chris made his chip dip. I worked just before kick off then ran up stairs to Mike and Angela's for the game. When Chris asked to borrow their crock pot, remember we have only the bare, bare essentials going on right now, Mike asked what we were planning with it- then he invited us up. We watched the game with them and Mikes Cousin and friend Reggie. It was a nail bitter but HURRAY! the Giants won and we were all excited that another Manning got to take the Patriots down! :) Reggie and Chris were both wearing Colts jersery's. I was going to add the pictures but like spellcheck, it is not working at the moment. I will try again after I curl my hair for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment