Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Anyone for hot chocolate and skipping work?

Snow, Snow Go Away, Come Again Another Day!





It feels like we should all just call off work and have the whole city shut down for the day- except for the obvious needed convinence stores, of course everyone will only be walking to those after the winter storm we had last night. I remember when Danville was shut down once and Shane, Casi and I were walking on the ice covered roads to the gas station next to Royal Donut. That was fun- we were slipping and sliding all over the place. Last year, the City of Kokomo was actually shut down in the middle of the day. You had before a certain time to get off the roads and any businesses that were open and any one driving after that time got a ticket. Chuck E Cheese wanted to stay open- the DM thought we were making it up! Because he was in Indy and they were not getting nearly what we were getting...we got pure ICE. So that was a crazy day. But about thirty minutes before time expired (around 1:00pm) we had only had one family the entire day and corporate finally sent us home. I've included a couple pictures from this morning.




Chris just called and said that the roads have not been touched yet. Knowing how freaked out I tend to get- he's going to come get me when it is time for work. I need to be there at 10:15, so I have still have a bit. Moving on anyway...


I still have a bit of grocery shopping left to do at Meijer they have a lot of really good stuff that is Buy One, Get One Free. Walgreens also has Lip Plumper and Fructis Garnier shampoo & conditioner free after mail in rebate. And I am so excited that 27 dresses is finally on the five buck club list! I don't know that we will be going to see it this weekend- I guess it depends on the weather and the roads.


I went to Save-A-Lot after my morning class yesterday and it is right next door to the goodwill- so I ran over there to see what is on sale. I ended up getting Chris two dress shirts that were 50% off. ($6.35 total - one shirt was brand new so they marked it up from the normal $4.00) Saturday the whole store will be 50% off.


Chris has been working out like a work horse! The last weigh-in picture on Sunday was 211.0! Hopefully when I go to get the rest of the groceries I will remember to stop and buy a soft tape measure, so he can keep track of his inches also. He's doing great!
Woo! Yay! The repair guy just knocked on the door for the apartment. I'm so glad she didn't send scary handy man Frankie this time. He never cleans up his mess- there are still piles of rubbish on the yard from when he fixed the steps in September! The new repair guy said that the back top half of our screen door is breaking off- but he thinks he can fix it.
All right I'm gonna call it a post here. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment