Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Enjoying the SunShine

Chris and I were out-n-about yesterday enjoying the beautiful day. We met up for lunch at Subway, then I went to Hobby Lobby and spent a hundred bucks a little too easily. Everything I bought, I bought for the bedroom. I bought a metal shelf/ledge, and a big decorative metal square thing to match (that explains it right?) I also got a new night stand lamp that Chris says is about two inches too tall for his liking--- he is going to cut the pole down a little. I also got some ribbon and flowers to decorate the lamp because I love the lamp, and the lamp shade - except for the goofy light green around the rims, so I am going to change that to a deep red to match the bed spread. And the flowers are from the wedding materials and I hope I can get to them to stay like they are with the pins in them because they have this awesome 3D effect that I am loving! I also got an aged looking golden sign with Psalms 119:105 on it. And last but not least, a deep red cross that has GRACE written inside the second cross. I am going to try to get Chris to hang these up tonight when he is done with his homework.


*****************************

We also went Geo Caching yesterday. This was GREAT exercise because we rode our bikes to the cemetery that is 2.4 miles away (yes, that's one way... and there was a big 'ole hill!) We found one of the two caches. I asked the owner of the one we didn't find for a clue, so maybe we can go out this weekend and finally find it. I made cool labels with a hula girl and my Geo name, on them for me because my name is HulaGirl25. For Chris.... COLTS picture and his Geo name WESCHR2381. This is because sometimes you find the cache and the pencil is gone, or it is broken, and you discover yours is not in the bag anymore.. lalala.... so, the labels are fun ways to mark our find as well.

*****************************

With my allowance this week, I bought a little craft storage box with the multiple boxes in them to store my eye shadows, because I am tired of dealing with them little containers. I searched and searched for one that wouldn't leak them all into each other, and I found one near the beads at Hobby Lobby where each compartment has it's own topper. So this morning I took the sifters out of the containers and poured them each into their new homes... (however cautious, I still managed to get it all over my hands and on my robe.) Then of course, I labeled them with their names so I can buy them again if I liked it. This container is pretty cool because it has two rows of 7, and you have to push a button on the side, and push up on the compartment you want into in order to get them to open. I thought that was kind of nifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment