Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Monday, March 23, 2009

I'd like to say we, but it was mostly Chris.

This was a weekend of Chris just being amazingly wonderful, and me.... well I was lazy till come Sunday. Friday night I got home from work and Chris was slaving away cooking some beef steak, rice and browning rolls. Then we chilled out, started to watch Lady in the Water, but turned it off to play Mario Kart. We started out Playing Casi and Austin, then just Casi, then Brent joined the game too! This was our first time meeting up with Brent in a Mario Kart battle. He was totally trying to hustle us, telling us they only race, he kicked our butts.


Next, Saturday came. I went to work in the morning. Chris started working on my car. Oh yes, my once proud Cadillac that I let slide right into the category of ghetto cruiser. First off, I have yet to replace the broken body piece from the police officer not knowing how to use a jack two January's ago. Then my front tire began ever-so-slowly deflating. My center caps on my rims have always been nasty ugly from wear. Then the emblems started falling off, then I lost one center cap completely! Then my battery died and my CD changer failed to communicate with the rest of the stereo system, my brakes started squeaking, and then my blower motor went out for my heat and AC. I know your telling me, "time to get rid of it." But Chris replaced my rotor's and my brake pads, he bought a new blower motor and replaced that - Sadly the relay (?) was fried, so that is on order -
Sunday we had to go to Auto Zone to pick up a part, so we left around 7:45 in the AM and did three geocaches in a small park. We found two of them. We though the third may have gotten mowed down recently by the underground cable line people, but I think maybe we just didn't go out far enough. I didn't think it would be outside the park, but judging from other people's comments, it was quite the hike. We'll try it again some day. The part was not in at 10 so we went to taco bell and headed back to AutoZone, finally it's arrived. Then, Chris continued finishing the jobs he was working on the day before. I found new center caps for only 60 bucks on eBay - Then i went outside where Chris was still working on things and polished my rims (something that I thought was a waste of time.) I thought for sure they were rusted and I just needed to buy new ones. But nope! Them babies look BRAND SPANKIN NEW! Well, the three I got done anyway. Hopefully I'll finish the last one this week. They already look sharp when it's driving, so they are gonna look super-duper mega sharp once I get the new center caps on them.... and I don't have to worry about any emblems falling off of these ones.
later that afternoon as we were wrapping things up, and getting ready to take the car for a test spin to check the brakes, the neighbor kids were outside and we were going back the graveyard cache we couldn't find before. So.. Chris invited them along. We took them to the one we found and let them search, then we searched for an hour for the other one, and even with three extra sets of eyes and another clue from the owner, still couldn't find it. So we took the kids to the park ones we found that morning. Their mom lives right across the street, so they go to show us their house, and they found the two caches pretty easily. I think they had fun. We brought them home and Chris finished his homework while I curled my hair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment