Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Glad it's over.

Today was my day off and a long one it was. My first class included an observation at a grade school today from 11:30 - 2:15. The plan was simple enough...until the principal just changed the agreed on placements. So, instead of spending longer periods of time in just a couple rooms, she gave us this crazy schedule with 15 minute intervals per classroom. Did I mention that she failed to consult with the teachers about this rearranged-once-prearranged schedules? I didn't have problems with my classes, but some other classmates said the teachers were surprised, and one even asked if they could try another room. I guess I shouldn't say that I didn't have problems, because I did (just not with the teachers). The schedule was a mess. The room she had me in a first had no students! The second room was going to the computer lab, so I returned to the previous room. The students in the third room were in music class, so again, I returned to the first room. The fourth room had a substitute teacher - but she was comfortable letting us stay because it was her classroom for twenty years before she retired. (That was pretty cool.)

Then I went grocery shopping, took a nap, and went to math class. Math class was typical, but since I have this funky cold/sinus get-up going on - it was much worse sitting there than normal.

Finally - I'm taking a Benadryl, and then beddddd!

No comments:

Post a Comment