Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Friday, January 11, 2008

It's time to go back to School!

Whelp! I'm waiting on time to pass so I can call the Ivy Tech in Valpo about my Spanish Class! I was registered to take it here in MC but it got cancelled this week! So now I will have a 45 one way minute drive every Tuesday night. I hope the roads stay in good shape or Chris will be checking out Valpo while I'm in class every week. :)


Chris and I have been working on the bedroom! It's almost ready- We are missing a TV stand and a bed, but everything else is in. I opened a Shutter fly account for pictures. I probably will not transfer all the Picasa photos over but I got links on the photo pages if anyone wants to look at the old ones.





This is our new bedroom set! We had originally decided on buying the really expensive one with a ton of storage for $2,200. Chris walked in with the credit card out and said, "22 out the door right?" and the sales guy said, "plus tax and delivery". Which is not what he said just a few days before, so Chris comes back to the car to ask me and I suggest getting the cheaper one down the road for only $1095. We drive down there and it's gone! We don't see anything else we like there so I say, "let's go to Walmart get some El-cheap-o dressers and wait for what we really want. So we drive to Walmart. They were pretty pricey for the crap they were selling. We decided not to buy from there and went back to the second place we visited....then we see it: out by the road this bedroom set with pieces for $69 and $39 each. So we look at it, we like it and we buy it for a bargain at $305.00! There are four pieces all together, we got 2 of the tall, slender dressers. Someone bought the head board and they needed to sell the rest of it- so we got it! And it matches our bedroom paint perfect.


Our next step was the curtains- which we found at Walmart (Michigan City is very limited on shopping- it's not even a super Walmart!) However when we bought them we didn't realize it was one piece and they left a big hole in the middle for everyone to see in. I didn't want to put blinds up so Chris cut along the top and flipped the dresses upside down and put them on their own rod. You can't even tell that he altered them. And they match really great with the gold in the bedroom set!

No comments:

Post a Comment