Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Friday, August 22, 2008

The First Day



Here is Isabella at the bus stop on her first day of school. It is close enough to walk, but we just drove down the road instead. Her stop is about 2.5 blocks away. She walked right up to the other students already waiting at the bus stop, and started making friends. Sure she has been here less than a week, but I still felt like I was sending my own child on their first day... I came home and no one to talk with. I had four days in a row off, and I was getting used to sitting on the couch till 11am and talking, talking, talking... So now I know slightly what moms feels like on the first day of school... I guess all the emails from before she arrived made me get to know her that much better, a lot more quickly. I may be crazy, I could be crazy, am I crazy? :) No, but seriously she is doing so great at making friends, her parents should be really proud of the outgoing personality they have helped her develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment