Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Football, Shopping and Concerts

Friday Night got our weekend started with a little hometown team football game. It was the Michigan City Wolves vs. the Gary-Roosevelt Panthers.

It was probably a victory for MC. We left just after half time because the score was 54 - 0! This makes for a poor football game, but it was also sad because we were rooting for the other team! So we left and got some ice cream from DQ.







Saturday, I had to work till 1:00. When I got home, I took a nap because I was just plain tired. Then Isabela and I went to the Lighthouse Mall. We walked the entire thing. Seeing every shop there. The only outlet priced store is Bath and Body Works- and this is a change from last year when I went there and it was a regular store. However, you can not use your coupons there anymore, it's already cheap now- 2.99 for almost everything in a regular large size.


Sunday morning we woke up early and headed to Chicago. We had a lot of things to do. We walked through one of the parks...not millennium....I can't remember... but anyway, Latin Fest was going on so we took a stroll through that. Making our way through the botanical garden to The Bean in Millennium Park.





...More Festivities going on, on the streets...We did not go check it out, but we did enjoy a nice yummy hot dog from a hot dog cart.





We went to catch the Trolley so we could visit Navy Pier. It was a packed Trolley. We had to stand and hold the bars which were way above the heads of myself and Isabela. Our arms felt like Jello when we were done. We rode the Ferris Wheel, got our picture taken, and Chris and Bela rode the Swings. My tummy was not feeling like going in those kind of circles after that hot dog.








Next we changed clothes at the car and walked to the Metra station that is more than a mile away. We ate Panda Express at the station and started our venture to the Backstreet Boys Concert. Here we are on the Train.


The Ravinia Park was nothing like we expected. We assumed it would be like Deer Creek (yeah, I know it's not Deer Creek anymore). It was crazy! The Stage was low, the seats in the pavilion were high and the lawn was full of trees and it went down hill from the stage. I was sad that we would not be able to see anything, but we were!


And you can bring in food, tables, chairs, candles, alcohol- whatever you want. People had four course meals, pretty much everything but the kitchen sink.


Here is Chris being bored. He was doing his favorite thing, listening to the security people on the scanner.


This was funny. If you forgot your food, there were no hot dogs, no chips, no soda... here is the menu for the concession stand. There were stands for drinks where you can get Martini's, specialty coffee drinks and wine. Lucky for us, there was a guy selling DIPPIN' DOTS!




Our Bracelets.





Girlicious.



Enjoying the Show.


We stood in the crowd for most of the Backstreet boys performance. Then some little girls in front left and everyone came running forward like a herd of elephants, so we decided to go back the blanket. We met a girl that has a great, like 12X zoom camera that was getting pictures of the faces, so I got her email, when she sends them I will post some. I did not get any of the BSB because it was too dark by then, and the lights were too bright.

Once we were back to the blanket, Chris was listening to his scanner. He had found the frequencies to hear like just the keyboard, just the guitar and even Brian's voice before it hit the sound board to make him sound good. It was quite an experience. He just has a normal voice, it was kind of shaky even.

After the concert we got on the metra train and went back into Chicago. What was a 20 minute ride to the park, was an hour ride back because of all the drop offs. We had to sit next to a drunk gay couple on the train back. The one had the hiccups, and he got up to use the restroom, I thought he was going to puke. The other guy says, "don't judge, don't judge now. I saw the look." And the rest of the time they were on the train, it was FUNNY! He had a $300 bottle of liquor, he had some other kind of liquor, club soda and wine cups. He was offering us drinks, we all said no, but he goes, "you're from Brazil, you need a drink." and she said, "no thank I am much younger." and he's like come on, come on. And I said No really she's an exchange student here, and he asks, "you mean for the art institute?" and I said, "no for like Michigan City High School." His face turned bright red, "omg, omg and I'm offering you alcohol! I could go to jail, I am so sorry I just assumed you were all in college." It was funny! So I guess you had to be there, but hey- we all had fun.

All in all, we had a great weekend filled with adventure...






1 comment:

  1. Hi Lara, hi Chris,
    I'm Bela's friend from Brazil. I'm here to say that i'm enjoying your funny posts, photos, and you look very nice!
    Take care of my friend! just kidding.. I know you're very cool.
    Bye Bye,
    Aninha

    ReplyDelete