Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Just Another Frantic Friday!

So today was the Friday when I wish it was Monday at work. I was scheduled to come in at 1:15. Thursday, they asked if I could come in at 11:15 instead... Friday Morning I got a call asking if I could be there, as soon as I can get there. Which is fine, I like the extra pay when my check comes rolling in :)

But...It was BUSY, Carol the office manager was sick, Joe the branch manger took a vacation day, and I was having an off day! Seriously, I couldn't manage to do anything right. I put holds on checks that probably didn't need them, I talked one lady into a tantrum by asking her to sign the back of the check...?? It was made out to her husband, he signed it - that's cool. They are both on the account - that's cool. However, since he is not in the car with her- she HAS to sign it indicating I gave the money to her, so he can't come back and say it was given to someone without authority. She just stares at me when I send it back to her, so I ask "Did the tube get stuck?" she takes a deep breath, and yells, "No. Why do I need to sign it when I never have before? This is ridiculous." So I told her the policy, and she still yelling says, "I've been coming here for years and never had to sign the check." So Carrie comes over and says, "(name). It is policy and we should have been having you sign the checks every time, she's just doing her job." So she signs them, rolls her eyes several times like she is two, then tears the money envelope into a million pieces and puts the trash back in the tube. Carrie then told me , "that's why we don't ask her to sign the checks, so we don't have to deal with her."

Then, at the end of the night, the guys wants 1200 back in cash. Yeah I count 8 100's then 20, 20's. Some how between counting it out of my drawer, counting it into the computer, and counting it into the envelope, I drop some 20's and he gets shorted 160 bucks. So he comes back around, and now I have to count my drawer ALL THE WAY DOWN. Just to find, I am over. So Carries hands me a stack of 20's and says here you can tell him you found it. I thought she counted those 20's out, so I stuff them in the envelope and send it out. Well then Carrie is like, "just balance out and go pick Isabela up." So then I am 40 SHORT! Thankfully the guy is a regular, he beeps in and says, "I love free money, but I think you gave me too much." So Luckily he was honest enough to give it back! Then I was only 12 cents short, which I gladly took the loss on and called it a night! Not to mention that before all of this here, Isabela calls to go to a Pasta party with the soccer team, I talk to the coach she says she will take her. During this transaction (why I got in the rush) is because she calls and Abby takes a message to tell me to pick her up right after I get off work, so not to wait till the party is over. Abby says, "she really needs picked up now." So I'm thinking oh lordy, what is going on. I'm thinking she got there and there is alcohol or something and I need to pick her up because the last thing we want is to get sent back home so early. Yeah, that takes me 40 minutes because I get lost! Thanks to Chris and his great sense of direction with maps he leads me to the house over the phone, and Isabela comes outside and everything is fine. She just was afraid she was putting us out by going, and then it was a swim party and she didn't have her suit because she just had her first practice with them today...so... that was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment