Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Fun in the Sun


Sunday when we got back from our vacation we met Mitch from Brehob and his family at the beach. There is him and his wife Tess.

And their two sons Nick and Alex digging a hole.

There were a lot of people at the beach on Sunday! It looked like this all up and down the beach.

Chris and his handheld devices, this time it is a radio.


Thursday we went to the movies to watch WANTED with Angelina Jolie - yeah there is A LOT of blood in that movie, and a lot of curse words, but it was still pretty good once it got going.

Thursday morning I had off work, so I went to the college to see the prices on my books this semester... I bought one for $63 and one for $87- both used. I have one left to get and the lady said they will start buying used of those back next week if I wanted to wait. So I will call next week. She also told me that I can still sell my books back even I have written in them as long as the writing in them pertains to the class...which they do, so I guess I'm going to see if I can't get 10 bucks back for a book I paid $180 for! Rock on.

Friday I worked open to close and Chris had to leave at 3 am for Columbus, Ohio. He was back around 7:45pm. He was tired and I had a major headache/neck ache.. I don't know does your neck hurt from a migraine? I've had problems with a stiff neck for a couple years now. It comes and goes. I went the chiropractor and that helped my backaches go away (seriously- a blessing) but the neck aches seem to sneak up on me.

This morning (Saturday) I had to work and Chris went in to work with George. They stopped at a garage sale and Chris bought a cooler he can use in the house or in the car, or wherever. It was $5, he has it testing now. He is also out fixing the Jet ski- the reverse was not working when we took it out last time. We are going to try Pine Lake this afternoon after he is done, but not first without a quick stop at the goodwill's 50% sale, and when we are on our way home, I am going to stop at JCPenny's because they have the summer clothes an additional 50% the clearance price. I need to find time to shop for new black work shoes. I have managed to work out the cushion and they now color my socks every time I wear them.

Monday is our anniversary so we are going to be spending tomorrow in CHICAGO! We are going to Navy Pier and Millennium Park and whatever else looks good. Funny thing, I almost bought Cubs tickets for tomorrow on EBay last week too. I'm glad that I didn't because just hanging out and checking out the sites sounds like so much fun too. I am going to bid on some CUBS tickets for later this month because A. We want to go to a Cubs game, and B. because we want Isabela to be able to experience "America's Past-Time". We are also looking for COLTS Tickets if anyone would like to make a donation. :) ($1200 should get us into the colts vs. bears game )







No comments:

Post a Comment