Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Bittersweet last day

School's Out For Summer!

This is going to be a fabulous summer. Not only am I not working for the first time, but I am not taking any extra classes and just get to enjoy being pregnant. (Yes, I've heard summer seems much, much more unbearably hot when your pregnant - but I'm going to enjoy it dang it!)

Today was the last day. Poor Mrs. Stark found herself right in the middle of a fight while on lunch duty. It was a terrible feeling because they pushed her down and she already has terrible pain with her back, including a machine in there to help control the pain. That was no good.

I got several baby items from other teachers. I'm not 100% decided, but I'm pretty sure that I am just not going to go back next year, and enjoy being home the first year with the baby. However, that decision is not finalized, and is subject to change at anytime.

Want to talk Bittersweet? I really like the fact that school is out. I'm not however completely ready for Emilia to be going home. It has been wonderful having her here with us for the past ten months.... but all great things must come to an end. I can only hope that we have provided her with the best exchange program possible that we could do. I was so sick with the pregnancy that I feel like she has gotten the short-end of the stick. So. I'm excited for summer and not-so-much for her leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment